Gemma Ra'Star has been around horses her whole life from growing up around the Pimilico racetrack as a little kid to working with wild mustangs in New Mexico and Colorado.
Her equine therapy training started off-grid in 2002 in the Wild West of Northern NM.
Since then Gemma's influencers and mentors have been:
- Local NM Natural Horsemanship Cowgirls, Cowboys, and Indians.
- Reiki teachers, Tellington Touch, Clicker Training, Trail Rides, Pony Rides, and Bareback Riding.
- The founder's of Cirque Du Soleil Cavalia - Fredreic and Magali Pignon.
- The Parelli's.
- Landen James from Dolly Parton Stampede.
More recently in the last 10 years, Gemma started putting together Horse Dance Equine Therapy inspired by the horses she has worked with, her mentors therapeutic techniques and therapies which often aid training too:
- Mindfulness with Animals.
- Equine Assisted therapy.
- Equine Assisted Meditation.
- Off-grid trail rides.